David Keegan Garden Design & Landscape Consultancy offer a fully comprehensive garden design & build service from conception to completion. We also offer a Landscape planning application service to meet local authority requirements.
The garden design service we offer briefly consists of:-
• An initial visit and consultation. Due to the large number of requests for visits, a small fee may be charged for this service, dependent on requirements and location. Don’t worry if you do not have any ideas for the garden, David will provide a full design later in the process. Photographs will be taken of the plot or existing garden.
• Topographic plans will be obtained for the plot or if they are not available, a full site survey will be undertaken. The survey will be carried out by David, or a professional surveyor, dependent upon the size and complexity of the garden.
• Once the site survey is complete a second consultation would be arranged for which we would prepare mood books. The mood books illustrate any initial ideas for planting together with designs and materials for hard landscaping. This provides an opportunity for David and the client to discuss the project and begin preparation of preliminary design plans.
• At the third client meeting David will present preliminary plans and discuss any changes or modifications. These would then be implemented in the creation of final designs.3 dimensional illustrations of how the garden will look will be provided (dependent on the scale of the project) at the next stage.
• At the final design consultation meeting illustrations, fully dimensioned plans showing hard landscaping, materials to be used, full technical specification and planting plans will be provided. On completion of this stage we would then assist the client in obtaining a quote for the implementation of the designs. The client can either use our highly recommended contractors, or one of their own choosing.
• Full liaison with builder throughout the build.
• Plant set out by David at the appropriate time of year dependent on planting scheme.
A full maintenance plan for the after care of your garden can also be provided upon request. In some cases we may also be in a position to assist in the recruitment of a maintenance contractor to carry out a regular program of garden care.
The client is kept fully informed throughout the whole design process so that at any time prior to completion of final designs, changes can be made to accommodate the client’s needs.
If changes are requested once final designs have been presented to the client these can be arranged for an additional fee.
We also offer a comprehensive landscape planning service for council applications. Due to the differing requirements, full details of the service we offer can be obtained on request.